special project grants
Revitalizing Quality Nutrition Services: Washington WIC Fruit and Vegetable Community Partnership Grant (Washington - 2009)
This project focused on increasing the education of fruit and vegetable consumption for WIC participants. Washington WIC partnered with the Big Bend College Esperanza Even Start Project. The participating families learned about the benefits of fruits and vegetables and were also taught how to prepare home cooked meals which included various fruits and vegetables.
Supporting Long-term Breastfeeding With the New WIC Food Packages (You can do It/WIC Can Help) (Vermont - 2009)
This Vermont intervention program was focused on improving exclusive long-term breastfeeding rates in the state of Vermont, while improving WIC's reputation of being breastfeeding supporters. Social marketing was used in order to promote new breastfeeding food packages and to highlight the mother's needs.
- Final Report
- Executive Summary
- Guidelines for Using the Materials
- Breastfeeding Checklist-Pregnancy through the first few weeks
- Breastfeeding Checklist-The first months and beyond
- You Can Do It! Doorhanger for Privacy
- You Can Do It! Doorhanger for Support
- You Can Do It! WIC Can Help. Posters
- WIC Can Help Brochure
- "Main St. Moms" Comic
- Born and Raised Magazine