This constructed wetlands bibliography, compiled by the United States Department of Agriculture's Natural Resources Conservation Service (formerly the Soil Conservation Service) and the Water Quality Information Center at the National Agricultural Library, consists of more than 600 citations. One hundred and sixty-one of these have abstracts. The bibliography has been divided into seven major categories:
Within each major category, many, but not all, of the citations were subcategorized. Each of the citations in the original document has 10 fields as shown in the example below from the Acid Mine Drainage category. There have been 76 records added which contain the major citation fields but are in a different format.
CATEGORY AMD SUBCATEGOR case studies--TVA, AL TITLE Treatment of acid drainage with a constructed wetlands at the Tennessee Valley Authority 950 coal mine. AUTHOR Brodie, G.A., D.A. Hammer and D.A. Tomljanovich. SOURCE Constructed Wetlands for Wastewater Treatment: Municipal, Industrial and Agricultural. PUBLISHER Chelsea, MI: Lewis Publisher, Inc. PAGES pp. 201-209 DATE 1989 CALLNUM TD 756. 5 C66 ANNOTATION A Jackson County Alabama sediment pond that received acid mine drainage was cited for chronic effluent discharges. Because the impoundment had acceptable characteristics (moderate water quality, adequate siting characteristics, and suitable geology and hydrology) a constructed wetland was built to treat acid drainage. The constructed wetland was environmentally effective and cost-beneficial in treating the acidic mine drainage.
This bibliography is available on the Internet in several different forms:
1 large ASCII text file containing all 605 citations
7 smaller ASCII files corresponding to each of the seven categories listed above.
These files are accessible via world wide web: World Wide Web: http://www.nal.usda.gov/wqic/Constructed_Wetlands_all/index.html
Menu Structure on World Wide Web Server:
1. Introduction to Constructed Wetlands Bibliography
2. Contact Information and Document History
3. Constructed Wetlands Bibliography, Part I: Ag. Nonpoint Source Pollution
4. Constructed Wetlands Bibliography, Part II: Acid Mine Drainage
5. Constructed Wetlands Bibliography, Part III: Agricultural Waste
6. Constructed Wetlands Bibliography, Part IV: Basic and General
7. Constructed Wetlands Bibliography, Part V: Household Waste
8. Constructed Wetlands Bibliography, Part VI: Industrial Waste
9. Constructed Wetlands Bibliography, Part VII: Urban Runoff
10. Constructed Wetlands Bibliography (Complete Document)
Return to the Water Quality Information Center at the National Agricultural
Last update: April 27, 1998
The URL of this page is http://www.nal.usda.gov/wqic/Constructed_Wetlands_all/cwintro.html
J. R. Makuch /USDA-ARS-NAL-WQIC/ firstname.lastname@example.org