The Water Quality Information Center at the National Agricultural Library
Agricultural Research Service, U. S. Department of Agriculture
U. S. Department of Agriculture's
Working Group on Water Quality
- Water Quality: A Report of Progress by the USDA's Working Group on Water Quality, describes the department's efforts and accomplishments since 1990 in reducing agricultural nonpoint-source pollution; published September 1997.
Agriculture and the Environment: Information on and Characteristics of
Selected Watershed Projects is a report from the Government Accounting Office (GAO) that examined the effects of agricultural production on water quality; focus is on lessons learned from nine innovative, successful watershed projects that reduced pollution. (Letter Report, 06/30/95, GAO/RCED-95-218)
- Communication and Adoption Evaluation of USDA Water Quality Demonstration Projects; an executive summary of a report that evaluates eight USDA Water Quality Demonstration Projects initiated in 1990. The evaluation rates the projects' early performance in accelerating producer adoption of designated best management practices. Recommendations are given to improve workings at both the state project level and the USDA national program level. [published October 1997]
Management Systems Evaluation Areas
Brief MSEA project reports from the USDA Working Group on Water Quality's Waterfax series.
- Iowa Management System Evaluation Area
(Treynor, Walnut Creek, and Nashua sites)
- Minnesota Management System Evaluation Area
(Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, and North Dakota sites)
- Mississippi Management System Evaluation Area
- Missouri Management System Evaluation Area
- Nebraska Management System Evaluation Area
- North Carolina Management System Evaluation Area
- Ohio Management System Evaluation Area
(Hoytville, Wooster, and Piketon sites)
Return to the Water Quality Information Center at the National Agricultural Library.
Last update: October 24, 2001
The URL of this page is http://www.nal.usda.gov/wqic/wgwq/wgwq.html
J. R. Makuch /USDA-ARS-NAL-WQIC / firstname.lastname@example.org