I am concerned about the conditions of animals and enclosures at a particular zoo. Whom do I contact about this?


USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) conducts licensing and inspections of zoos to ensure compliance with the minimum standards of care required by the Animal Welfare Act. If you have concerns about zoos or zoo animals, contact the APHIS regional office responsible for the geographic area where the zoo is located.  

Alternatively, you can use the online Animal Welfare Complaint form.