Catalog Search Tips
The National Agricultural Library catalog provides citations to agricultural literature and related life sciences.
To search for articles or books:
- Type in your keyword(s), like green technology, and select Search.
- The default Boolean operator is "and."
- Do not use quotes, truncation (*), or Boolean operators (and, or, not).
For more advanced options, search the NAL Catalog directly.
- Display order
The retrieved results will be ranked by date.
- Refining Results
Select Post Limit to refine results by language, date, material type (article, book, video, etc.), date range, place of publication, or publication status.
- From the box at the bottom of the results page you can print, save, or e-mail selected titles or the complete results list.
Check the box next to the titles that interest you and click Retain Selected.
To print or save your selections:
- Click Format for Print or Save to get a printable list of your citations.
- Use the browser's menu to then print or save.
To e-mail citations, type your e-mail address into the box provided and select E-mail.
- If you do not receive your email results in a few minutes, check your spam filter.