Can I request a speaker for an event or an interview for research?

 For reliable, vetted nutrition information, start your research at FNIC. As a leader in online global nutrition information, FNIC provides a wealth of credible information and resources pertaining to food and nutrition.

However, we are unable to provide speakers for events or grant interviews for student assignments, including research papers. Instead, we recommend that you contact a health professional in your area, such as an RD. RDs are health professionals who are trained to provide counseling on nutrition and eating habits, and may also be available to speak about food and nutrition-related issues. These are some suggestions for locating a local RD or nutrition and health professional to speak at your event or to participate in an interview:

  • Check with your local dietetic association for RDs in your area. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics(link is external) can help you find your local dietetic association.
  • Local colleges or universities with nutrition programs may have professors, students or interns willing to speak to your group. A local hospital may also be of help, as they employ clinical, outpatient and community health educator RDs.
  • Another possible source is a local Cooperative Extension service. The Cooperative Extension System(link is external) can help you locate an office near you.
  • The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers the Find a Registered Dietitian(link is external) website, which allows you to search for RDs by zip code. Generally these are for paid consultations, but it might be worth a try to ask individuals on the list.
FNIC FAQ Categories: