Remember four important points:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cook to proper temperatures.
- Refrigerate foods promptly.
- Avoid cross contamination.
These resources provide more information about food safety:
- FSRIO's Food Safety (link is external)
- FoodSafety.gov (link is external) serves as a gateway to government food safety information.
- The USDA FSIS (link is external) educates consumers about the importance of safe food handling and ways to reduce the risks associated with foodborne illness.
- FDA's Foodborne Illness and Contaminants (link is external) may help you protect yourself from foodborne illness.
FNIC FAQ Categories: