How can I borrow or loan material from the National Agricultural Library (NAL) collection?

We do not loan material from the NAL collection to individuals who are not USDA employees. We can loan items to your local public library, but the request for the loan has to come from them.

To obtain loans or copies of materials from the NAL collection, submit a request through the interlibrary loan service of your local library. NAL accepts interlibrary loan requests from all types of libraries including academic, corporate, government, public and school libraries. Information for libraries on NAL’s document delivery service and placing requests is available at Request Library Materials (link is external).

Note that NAL charges for interlibrary loan requests. See our User Fee Policy (link is external) for complete fee information. Libraries may choose to pass these fees on to individual requesters at their discretion.

FNIC FAQ Categories: