National Academy of Sciences. Institute of Medicine. Food and Nutrition Board.
View or download Full Report (PDF|2.1 MB)
View or download by Chapter or Appendix:
- Front Matter (PDF|232 KB)
- Chapter I - Introduction (PDF|87 KB)
- Chapter II - Overview of Nutrition Labeling in the United States and Canada (PDF|342 KB)
- Chapter III - Overview of Food Fortification in the United States and Canada (PDF|411 KB)
- Chapter IV - A Brief Review of the History and Concepts of the Dietary Reference Intakes (PDF|188 KB)
- Chapter V - Guiding Principles for Selecting Reference Values for Nutrition Labeling (PDF|390 KB)
- Chapter VI - Guiding Principles for the Discretionary Addition of Nutrients to Food (PDF|418 KB)
- Appendix A - Biographical Sketches of the Committee (PDF|28 KB)
- Appendix B - Glossary (PDF|157 KB)
- Appendix C - Development and Evolution of Methods Used to Purify and Measure Dietary Fiber (PDF|453 KB)
- Appendix D - Determination of Energy Values for Fibers (PDF|75 KB)
Read this DRI report on-line at the National Academies Press Web site.