We advise that you discuss dietary supplements and alternative medicines with your healthcare provider. However, we recommend these resources for general information about dietary supplements.
- FNIC's Dietary Supplements
- Fact Sheets on Vitamins and Minerals (link is external)
- Fact Sheets on Botanicals (link is external)
- Dietary Supplements Q & A (link is external) provides an overview of the FDA and its role in dietary supplement labeling.
- Tips for the Dietary Supplement User: Making Informed Decisions and Evaluating Information (link is external)
- Reporting Serious Problems to the FDA (link is external) links to MedWatch, the FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program, which the FDA maintains to keep track of adverse reactions from dietary supplements.
FNIC FAQ Categories: