- University of London - Royal Holloway
- Start date
- End date
- This research project aims to investigate the application of metabolic profiling for comparing GM crops with non-GM crops.It is hoped that this project will:
1. develop and validate accurate and reproducible extraction protocols for foods and food crops;
2. extend existing mass spectral libraries to encompass crop metabolomes and to enhance data processing;
3. develop sensitive, high throughput comparisons of metabolites of GM and non-GM lines of tomatoes and tomato products; and
4. apply this technology to other food crops such as potato and soya.
- More information
- This project aims to determine the global metabolites of GM and non-GM foods using improved gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC/MS) and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry-mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) technology to enhance current techniques used to assess unintended effects.
Find more about this project and other FSA food safety-related projects at the Food Standards Agency Research webpage.
- Funding Source
- Food Standards Agency
- Project number
- Sanitation and Quality Standards