- Meat Livestock Commission (MLC)
- Start date
- End date
- This research project aims to review existing data capture systems available for use in beef, sheep and pig abattoirs using criteria developed in the project.
Existing data capture systems will be evaluated using agreed criteria.
Up to three systems will be selected for detailed evaluation and recommendations made at a workshop for a system that most closely meets the criteria.
- More information
- Proposed EU legislation will require the results of anti- and post-mortem meat inspections to be recorded and evaluated by the Official Veterinarian.
Various electronic systems are in use in Europe and the rest of the world, and the Agency requires a review of these systems against criteria developed to meet UK data collection requirements.
Find more about this project and other FSA food safety-related projects at the Food Standards Agency Research webpage.
- Funding Source
- Food Standards Agency
- Project number
- Legislation and Regulations
- Food Defense and Integrity