- Veterinary Laboratories Agency, UK
- Newcastle University
- Start date
- End date
Aims and objectives:
- To investigate the potential of porcine oral fluid samples as a means of diagnosing and monitoring infection with PRRSv in UK pigs.
The project aimed to address the following aspects of oral fluid diagnostics in UK pigs:
- Optimal methods of rope presentation, sample collection and handling
- Some assessment of pig responses to the rope; factors affecting interactions with the rope, some idea of the proportion of pigs contributing to the sample
- Optimisation of the technique for PRRSv RNA detection
- Identification of problems encountered, to inform further research in this field.
- Funding Source
- Agriculture & Horticulture Develop. Board
- Project source
- View this project