- Craigmill, Arthur
- University of California - Davis
- Start date
- End date
- This project will support the Food Animal Residue Avoidance Databank (FARAD) which is a collaborative effort between the University of California- Davis, North Carolina State University, and the University of Florida.
- More information
FARAD is a central and unique source of residue avoidance information for producers, veterinarians, extension agents and specialists,and regulatory agencies. FARAD is an ongoing project for residue avoidance information for all drugs currently registered in the United states.
Types of information included in FARAD are:
- drug and pesticide tolerances for food animal products;
- residue screening methods;
- pharmacokinetics of chemicals in food animals;
- registered drugs; and
- bibliographic citations.
The information contained within FARAD is continually being recognized as an essential component in the practice of food animal medicine.
- Funding Source
- Nat'l. Inst. of Food and Agriculture
- Project number
- Antimicrobial Resistance