- University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Start date
- End date
- This research project will evaluate biomarkers at the low levels of pesticide residues to which consumers are exposed to in the diet.
This project will investigate interaction of organophosphates with esterases in order to develop a highly sensitive biomarker of combined exposure.
The biomarker will then be evaluated in individuals who are exposed to low levels of pesticide mixtures.
- More information
- In its report on Risk Assessment of Mixtures of Pesticides and Similar Substances, the Committee on Toxicity of Chemicals in Food Consumer Products and the Environment (COT) highlighted the requirement for tools to investigate exposure to, and possible interactive effects of, mixtures of pesticides.
These tools will support risk assessment of chronic exposure to mixtures of pesticides at low levels.
Find more about this project and other FSA food safety-related projects at the Food Standards Agency Research webpage.
- Funding Source
- Food Standards Agency
- Project number
- Sanitation and Quality Standards
- Natural Toxins
- Risk Assessment, Management, and Communication