- Imperial College - London
- Start date
- End date
- This research project aims to determine whether evaluating commercial data from major supermarkets
could be an appropriate method for the long-term post-market monitoring of novel foods. The aim of this feasibility study is:
1. To explore the use of commercially available data sets on household food consumption and sales through major supermarkets, as a means of quantifying possible 'exposure' to certain foods and nutrients at population level.
2. To explore variation of temporal and geographical scales and to determine whether such an approach is an appropriate method for the long-term post market monitoring of novel foods.
- More information
- Find more about this project and other FSA food safety-related projects at the Food Standards Agency Research webpage.
- Funding Source
- Food Standards Agency
- Project number
- Prevention and Control