What grants or funding opportunities are available to assist with the purchase of farmland or starting my farm?
If you are looking to purchase land for a new farm, these programs might be of interest to you:
- Farm Service Agency – FSA targets a portion of its Guaranteed loan funds to historically underserved farmers, including women, African-American, and American Indian. Funds from FSA can be used for operation costs or farm purchase. Contact a local Farm Service Agency office for more information.
- USDA’s New Farmers site – This site has many resources for farmers seeking land or financing.
- Conservation Reserve Program - Transition Incentives Program (CRP-TIP) – This program is designed to assist beginning and underserved farmers.
- Farm Bill Programs & Grants Overview
The USDA Rural Development department also has programs that provide funding to farmers:
- Value Added Producer Grants – This grant funds agricultural producers that are interested in processing and marketing new products. Beginning farmers are prioritized for funding.
- Socially Disadvantaged Groups Grant
- Locate a Rural Development Office, by state for more information.
Additional resources for new farmers can be found at: