U.S. Government Global Nutrition Coordination Plan 2021-2026
The U.S. Government has long been a leader in improving nutrition to save lives and enhance the prospects of future generations globally. The purpose of the United States Government Global Nutrition Coordination Plan is to strengthen the impact of the many diverse nutrition investments across the U.S. Government through better communication and collaboration, and by linking research to program implementation. Through coordination mechanisms, the U.S. Government aims to maximize its support to country–led programs; continue its global leadership and partnerships; and generate, share, and, apply knowledge and evidence in the nutrition sector to accelerate progress toward shared nutrition goals.
DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES INVOLVED
The U.S. Government departments and agencies engaged in the Coordination Plan include:
- Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Peace Corps
- U.S. Agency for International Development
- U.S. Department of Agriculture—including primarily the Foreign Agricultural Service, Food and Nutrition Service, Agricultural Research Service, Economic Research Service, and Agricultural Marketing Service
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services—including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the National Institute of Health, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. International Development Finance Corporation
THE U.S. GOVERNMENT GLOBAL NUTRITION COORDINATION PLAN TECHNICAL WORKING GROUP (TWG)
The TWG leads the implementation of the Coordination Plan. It is a forum for sharing information, best practices, and new issues regarding U.S. Government nutrition programs. Members are technical advisors, program staff, or personnel from U.S. Government departments and agencies engaged in global and domestic nutrition programs and research that contribute to global nutrition efforts. TWG members actively participate in at least one TWG sub-group. The sub-groups come together to discuss priorities and actions under each of the Coordination Plan’s technical focus areas.
The Coordination Plan and fact sheets
- United States Government Global Nutrition Coordination Plan
- U.S. Government Global Nutrition Coordination Plan Fact Sheet
- The U.S. Government Global Nutrition Coordination Plan Technical Working Group: An Overview
- Annual Summaries of Interagency Progress
The annual summary reports outline accomplishments and challenges each year and reflect on how the results may inform priorities for future action.
Webinars and Other Relevant Resources