How to Request Items
Member of the general public
Contact your local library.
Fees: Determined by your local library.
Library, association or organization representative
Option 1: Submit an interlibrary loan request through:
Option 2: Register for a patron ID and then use your patron ID to request items:
- if invoiced: $25
- if paid through OCLC’s Interlibrary Loan Fee Management Service (IFM): $18
- if a member of an exempted group: $0
Exempted Groups: The following groups do not have to pay to request items:
- U.S. federal agencies (other than USDA)
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Land Grant Tribal Colleges
- Chesapeake Information and Research Library Alliance members (CIRLA)
- Agricultural Libraries Network (AGLINET) member libraries, when the materials requested have been published in the United States.
NOTE: AGLINET member libraries will be charged the standard fee for libraries, associations and organizations when they request materials published outside the United States.
When Items Will Be Delivered
- Standard requests--two business days from receipt of request
- Rush requests--not available
How Items Will Be Delivered
- Articles and other copied materials will be delivered by email.
- Loans of original materials will be delivered by standard postal mail.