The Rural Information Center (RIC) assists local communities by providing information and referral services to local, tribal, state, and federal government officials; community organizations; libraries; businesses; and citizens working to maintain the vitality of America's rural areas.
The RIC Web site contains links to current and reliable information on a wide variety of rural resources and funding sources, including RIC's Database: Federal Funding Sources for Rural Areas Database.
RIC Information and Referral Services
RIC staff provide customized information products to specific inquiries including assistance in economic revitalization issues; local government planning projects; funding sources; technical assistance programs; research studies; and other related issues.
RIC staff process a broad array of general and funding information requests on such topics as:
- Successful strategies, models, and case studies of community development projects
- Funding and training resources for law enforcement agencies and fire departments
- Housing programs and services
- Tourism promotion and development
- Rural community sustainability
- Defining what is "rural"
RIC staff also refer users to organizations or experts in the field who can provide additional information.
With a large variety of topics for rural areas available, maintaining detailed information on all aspects of rural life is not practical. For additional help in identifying rural information, please consult the following resources:
- Just want to browse? See our Search option at the top of the page
- Funding for your rural project (examples:fire and police departments, rural health clinics, and broadband opportunities), see our Funding Resources page.
- Information about services in rural areas, see our Rural Citizens Services page for business, education, health and housing information.
*Please note that we do not provide funding, but we can assist in identifying public and private entities that do provide funding opportunities.
Still need help?
- Ask a Question through our email firstname.lastname@example.org
- RIC Toll-Free number: 800-633-7701