The Rural Information Center (RIC), a service of the National Agricultural Library (NAL), assists local communities by providing information and referral services to rural government officials, community organizations, libraries, businesses, and citizens working to maintain the vitality of America's rural areas.
NAL Information and Referral Services
NAL staff provides information services to inquiries including identifying rural development literature on planning, funding sources, research, and other related issues. Staff also refer users to organizations or experts who may be able to provide additional assistance.
For additional help in identifying rural information, please consult the following resources:
- Just want to browse? Click the (+) icons to expand the menu sections in our site directory.
- Funding for your rural project (examples:fire departments and housing resources), see our Guide to Funding Resources or visit Rural Collections for a list of our online guides.
- Information about Sustainable Rural Communities, see our Sustainble Communities landing page for community information, including emergency response and environmental justice resources.
*Please note that we do not provide funding.
Still need help?
- Ask a Question through our Ask a Question form.
- National Agricultural Library Reference Services: 301-504-5755